ISTE 2017 Schedule #iste17

Hope to see you there!

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis

Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter

ISTE 2017 starts this weekend. If you’re going – enjoy. If you’re not — stay tuned to the 10-Minute Teacher Podcast on Friday when Peggy George talks about how to participate in all of the #notatiste17 activities. We all win when ISTE happens, so don’t feel left out. PowerSchool is making it possible for me to attend and share. Thank you, PowerSchool!

As of three weeks ago – #notatiste17 was my plan. But then, some friends at PowerSchool called.

You see, Hardeep Gulati, the CEO, and his team had put together a stellar panel on the trends shaping teaching today. They asked me to moderate the panel. Excited! So, I said yes!

5 Trends Transforming Teaching Today on the ISTE Program

PowerSchool has a fantastic, reliable SIS. They also bought Haiku Learning and have since created PowerSchool Learning, the best learning management system (in my opinion.)

In addition, PowerSchool has a fantastic announcement coming Monday. (Hardeep will be on my podcast Monday to share the announcement for those of you not going to ISTE.)

The only challenge is that my toe may be broken, so be patient with me. Drop by and say hi.

The best thing about ISTE is my friends. Thank you, PowerSchool for doing this. As always, every chance to speak is a gift. I’ll do my best to “bring it” for those of you who add me to your busy ISTE 2017 program.

And this year, for all of my #notatiste17 friends, you are remembered. There will be a live stream Monday and Tuesday for you! 

Quick Glance Schedule


Check the extended schedule for explanations below.

Monday, June 26, 2017

9:15 – 10:15 am – Classroom of the Future Tour and Live Stream 207A We will stream on the PowerSchool Facebook page
11:00 am – Classroom of the Future 207A visit with those in line

classroom of the future #iste17

12:15 pm – 1:00 pm Cool Cat Teacher’s Mega Tool Share – Microsoft Partner Booth  – I’ll be presenting quick secrets of success with the PowerSchool Learning Management System (my blended learning tool) for 15 minutes and then for 30 minutes I’ll share as many tools as humanly possible from my 50+ fave tools for teachers.

1:10 pm – 1:30 pm PowerSchool Booth 2918 – I’ll be tweeting out selfies with friends I see here. Say hi!
2:00 pm Classroom of the Future 207A visit with those in line and take pics!

Put 5 Trends Transforming Teaching Today on Your ISTE Program

4 – 5 pm 5 Trends Transforming Teaching Today

If you can get to only one event, this is the one you’ll want to see! I’ll be moderating an Awesome Panel with Marlo Gaddis, Dr. Scott McLeod, Dr. Richard Middleton, and Paul Ritter – Ballroom 225AB

Come by and support PowerSchool, enter to win Apple Watches, Microsoft Surfaces, and Amazon Echoes. Add them to your schedule. 

Tuesday, June 27

11:00 – 12:00 ISTE Edtech Influencer Panel to be live streamed from SMART  on their Facebook and Twitter accounts – I’ll be on the panel with Jeffrey Bradbury, Angela Maiers, Lord Jim Knight, and Jeff Lowe. For  #notatiste17 friends

12:30 – 1:20 Edtech Insight Session: Teacher Hacks – Pitch Fest Pavilion 2142 – We’ll work to share more than 30 Teacher hacks and ideas for all age groups.

ISTE 2017 Expanded Schedule


Monday, June 26

Tour Classroom of the Future (Live Stream from 207A)

Monday, June 26 2017 – 9:15 am – 10:15 am
11:00 am and 2:00 pm
207A

I’ll be joining Danielle Tyler from the PowerSchool social media team as we live stream a tour of the Classroom of the Future. Perfect for #notatiste17 to join in. (See their Facebook page for the live video.)

Note that this will be open every time the exhibit hall is open. They’ll be giving away prizes like Apple Watches, Amazon Echo’s, and Microsoft Surface Tablets and tours depart every 6 minutes. This is a must see!

12:15 pm – 1:00 pm Cool Cat Teacher’s Mega Tool Share (Microsoft Partner Booth)

My 50+ tools and blended learning presentations are popular at conferences. This will be a condensed version.

The first 15 minutes will be about how I blend learning in my classroom. The last 30 minutes will be as many tools as I can share. 

PowerSchool Booth (Come visit and say hello)

Monday, June 26, 2017
2918 in the Exhibit Hall
1:10 pm EDT

We’ll take selfies and tweet and share from here. 

5 Trends Transforming Teaching Today (Lead Panel Discussion)

Monday, June 26, 2017 – 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Ballroom 225AB

Tired of the buzzwords? Want to get past the hype? What really works in teaching? This panel will tackle five important trends transforming teaching today. It will help superintendents, principals, IT Directors, and teachers get back to what works in the classroom and refocus on learning.

Panelists:

  • Marlo Gaddis
  • Dr. Scott McLeod
  • Dr. Richard Middleton
  • Paul Ritter
  • Vicki Davis, Panel Moderator
  • Dr. Sally I’Anson, Backchannel Moderator

Put 5 Trends Transforming Teaching Today on Your ISTE Program

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

SMART Ed Tech Influencer Panel

June 27, 2017 10:30 – 11:30 am
To be live streamed from SMART  on their Facebook and Twitter accounts – I’ll be on the panel with Jeffrey Bradbury, Angela Maiers, Lord Jim Knight, and Jeff Lowe. For  #notatiste17 friends

Teacher Hacks at Edtech Insights (Edward Baker)

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:30 – 1:20 pm
Pitch Fest Pavilion, Booth 2142

We’ll be sharing teacher hacks for students of all ages!

Check out the PowerSchool schedule. I’m grateful for the opportunity. 

The post ISTE 2017 Schedule #iste17 appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!



From http://ift.tt/2s0IjT2
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.

Popular Posts